SOUTH EAST EUROPE BROADBAND COUNCIL
The rapid development of broadband services and the process of rapid digitalization created the need for a place, where people can exchange ideas and solutions.
“SEEBC – South East Europe Broadband Council” was found in May, 2012, by several experts and companies working in the field of electronic communications in order to gather the main actors in industry in Macedonia and in the South East Europe region. The main activities carried out by the association are: implementation and development of national strategies; involvement in the adoption of appropriate legislative tools, regulation; development of existing and opening new investment opportunities in the sector, as well as informing and educating the decision factor in Telco operators and end users with the social impact and benefits from the development of broadband and digital services.
The mission of SEEBC is to give the opportunity for high performance knowledge exchange in the region. SEEBC believes that high – speed, high – capacity broadband connections to the internet and digitalization are essential element in the modern society offering wide social and economic benefits. Its mission to promote the adoption of broadband – friendly practices and policies can provide benefits to what companies in the industry can offer.
SEEBC is open for new supporters and collaboration.
CONFERENCES & EVENTS
In 2012, SEEBC organized its first conference, where more than 300 people from 15 countries were present. The main topics covered were:
- Broadband services and digital development (governmental, regulatory and academia perspective)
- Regional broadband initiative
- Discovering and investing in revenue generating broadband services in Macedonia
- TV everywhere, TV anytime
- Multiscreen solution
- OTT (Over – The – Top) solution
- FTTH solution
- HFC/DOCSIS 3.0 solutions
The main speakers were:
- Mr. Ivo Ivanovski, Minister of Information Society and Administration of R. Macedonia
- Mr. Robert Ordanovski, Director of Agency for Electronic Communications of R. Macedonia
- Dr. Roger Blakeway FIEE, FSCTE, C.Eng
- Mr. Petar Statev, Bulgarian ICT Cluster
- Mr. Dimitar Trajanov, Dean of Faculty of computer science and engineering
- Mr. Goran Poposki, President of SEEBC
The conference was sponsored by: ASI – Alternative System Integration, Commscope, Lica, HFC Technics, Corning, Indieon Technologies, Mak – Sat, Teleste, Teletronik, Neotel, Optisis, ATX, Netgem, Vector, ICT Cluster Bulgaria, Cablecon connectors, Microsoft, Ekonet, Cisco, HTTPool.
The conference was supported by: Ministry of Information Society and Administration of R. Macedonia, Agency for Electronic Communications of R. Macedonia, SCTE – Excellence in Broadband, USAID.
E – Government and SEEITA Open Days Conference
SEEBC was one of the main supporters of “E – Government and SEEITA Open Days Conference” organized by MASIT – Macedonian ICT Chamber of Commerce.
SCTE Balkan Broadband Conference 2013
As a silver sponsor, SEEBC, took place on SCTE Balkan Broadband Conference / Exhibition 2013.
SEEBC continuously supports conferences and events in the field of electronic communications.